Max Pam – Atlas Monographs | Collector's Edition no. 1
Waterfront, Dar-es-Salaam, 1996
Diese Collector's Edition enthält neben dem mittlerweile vergriffenen Buch "Atlas Monographs" einen Silbergelatineabzug im Format 40,6 x 30,5 cm, signiert von Max Pam und nummeriert, in einer Auflage von 150 Stück weltweit. Außerdem enthalten: ein Echtheitszertifikat, ebenfalls signiert und mit Editionsnummer versehen – und mit weißen Schutzhandschuhen.
The limited edition of one hundred and fifty boxed sets includes:
– Atlas Monographs 296 page book. Numbered and signed to edition by the photographer. Atlas Monographs won Best Photography Book of the Year, International Category at PHotoEspaña 2010.
– Silver gelatin print (40.6 x 30.5cm / 12 x 16 in) Waterfront, Dar-es-Salaam, 1996. This black and white Silver gelatin print is hand printed, signed and numbered by Max Pam. It is presented in an archive-quality stable, inert 75-micron polyester sleeve that is guaranteed not to react chemically with contents.
– A Certificate of Authenticity, signed and numbered with edition.
– Cotton gloves to safeguard print while handling.
– Custom-made box case (47 x 37 x 6.5 cm / 18.5 x 14.5 x 2.5 in).
Max Pam's success is based on a body of provocative and compellingly intimate images of people from all over the world. Over the last 30 or so years, he has not swayed with the vagaries of artistic fashion but has retained his commitment to the power of photography to produce a space of exchange between subject, viewer and photographer. By staying true to himself, he has developed one of the most coherent and stimulating bodies of work in world photography today.
Atlas Monographs is a compression of eight travel journals, beginning with Pam’s most recent work and shifting back through the decades to his first journals begun in 1970. The journals map, through text, photo and marks on paper his engagement with the cultures he has travelled through. Just as importantly, the journals provided the engine room for his development as a photographer, a writer and an artist.
Max Pam is one of Australia's most important contemporary photographers. Working as a professional since the early 1970s he is among a handful of Australians to make a substantial impact on the intensely competitive international photographic scene.
|Einbandart||Fester Einband in Schmuckkarton|
|Bemerkung||Buch + großformatiger Silbergelatineabzug in bester Verpackung (Details siehe Beschreibung), signiert und nummeriert (Auflage 150)|
|Abbildungen||mit 300 farb. & s/w Abb|
|Beiträge von||Max Pam, Stephen Muecke|